Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4
As you read and enjoy the words written and pictures displayed, we welcome you to enjoy with us often! We invite you to make comments about the posts you read!
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
School
I am so pleased with Eric's school. Last night I attended the first School Council meeting of the year and was wowed by all the exciting advancements happening in the are of educating children and technology used in doing so. At first I felt like I had been asleep all this time since my elementary days, or had walked into a futuristic school! Things are new and different. For the children if you may. First of all, my kids' kindergarten has a huge, speaker attached board thing hanging. I thought ' oh that's cool, a white board' less dust! Nope. Its a SMART SCREEN. Yup, its linked to a computer and its a TOUCH SCREEN similar to our ipads etc! Didn't even knew those existed. The school has received a massive grant, well two massive grants in the area of technology and is being presented with the 'cheque' today publicly from the Alberta Government. This means many updates and wonderful things for the children. It is the ten year anniversary of the International Spanish Academy at this CBE school. Endorsed by the Ministry of culture and education in Spain. I will write more later but on week two - I am excited we choose this school!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment