Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ops, I blinked!

So I blink and all of a sudden my baby Olivia is 4 months? We celebrated by taking her for her 4mth vaccinations :( She was so sweet, smiling at the nurse...the STAB, twice in one leg, and once in the other, she was heartbroken. Olivia doesn't get too worked up, and if she does, then she gives up easily and quickly. I can actually probably count on both hands the number of true honest compete upsets with her. She didn't feel well the rest of the day, and that continued into today unfortuanly. Poor girl.

Olivia has been going to bed earlier and earlier, its kind of crazy but I can't complain. She now barely makes it past 9pm, and sleeps until at least 4am, usually 5am, eats and nthen back to bed until to others wake her up :) Eric and ALyson had been sleeping in until after 8am, but with preschool and other comittments, it was making it really difficult when we had to rush out the door.

So just last week, while thinking about Alyson turning two, I was looking back at this time last year, and saw the post I did about her not ever sleeping very well, I guess I had kind of forgotten. So she still wakes up calling me about twice a night, not for any reason really, usually a drink of water, or her soother (Did I mention Olivia never did take to a soother? YES!!) It wouldn't be so hard to break where I could ignore her, excpet that she has this very distict way of calling me from her bed....its loud, and sounds like she is saying "Mommy, get your ass her NOW!" And, of course, only during the night. Sometimes, I have nearly jumped out of my own skin if the monitor was left on too loud, "MA-MAY"....not "Mommy", as I am called all other times of the day. Anyways, so its been going on for a while now. Last night though I woke at 5am, realizing I hadn't had my late night "visits" with Miss Alyson! How, when I have a newborn who sleeps through the night....am I soooo tired from my TWO year old?!

This weekend blew by, but it was a nice one none the less. Didn't get to do everything I had planned, but played with the kids lots. Eric and Olivia and I had a birthday to attend and Alyson hung out with Daddy.

Here is a picture that Michele took at Christmas time!

1 comment:

Kyla Bly said...

lovely photo :)

I can only hope my future babies are like olivia!

How do you feel after your last session?