The other night I peeked in on Eric...sleeping so soundly like a little angel in his crib. I though he looked so sweet.
Last week Eric wasn't going down for a nap no matter what, he fought and fought....finally he won each time and I was so tired by the day's end. On Sunday we tried to get him down for a nap, but he was screaming, and resisting. So we put him in his bed, closed the door behind us and sat in our room listening, and waiting for him to calm himself down and finally fall asleep, which he has done many times before. We could hear the crib rattling, which isn't unusual. But this time, a loud rattle, and a thump, and the crying sounded nearer. We jumped up and ran to his door, but before we could open it - it swung open and out ran Eric!
Little Turkey can now get out of his crib on his own, although I don't think he will again because it seemed to have scared him. I am certainly not ready for this new stage as I collect advice form friends who have done it before. Two weeks before we head away from Christmas where he will be sleeping at another familys' home.....not the best time to start toddler bed training!
So I called my Dad and told him and I think he found pleasure in this as both Jeff and I destroyed our cribs and were out of them at a very young age. I think all these years he hoped for some sort of "justice" in all the trouble we gave him when we were Eric's age!!
1 comment:
No, way Christy. You were perfect kids and NEVER climbed out of your cribs. I think that you grabbed on to the ceiling light and swung out of your crib. This is only the start, the next thing you know he'll be sneaking out of his room and "borrow" the car.
Aunti Donna
Post a Comment